Developing Illinois Youth Rugby
Naperville Crusaders Rugby was founded in 2009 in order to promote rugby at the Junior High School level and has grown to include co-ed programs available each winter, spring, and summer for 1st through 8th graders.
Summer 2019 Updates
Free Touch Rugby in the Park
- What: FREE Touch Rugby for U8 and U10 (1st through 4th grades)
- Where: Springbrook Crossings Park https://goo.gl/maps/gStYNWGwvGw
- When: Sunday mornings 8:30am to 10:00am from 8/18 through 9/22
- Equipment: Cleats or athletic shoes; athletic shorts and t-shirt.
- Parent/Guardian: Must be present to sign a waiver at player’s first session
- Please start getting the word out for this, the more rookie ruggers the better! Kids new to rugby and veteran rookies, boys and girls, are welcome to participate!
Last Fling Parade
- The Crusaders will again participate in this year’s Last Fling Parade on Labor Day, September 2nd.
- Details will be communicated via TeamApp so you can signup your player to participate.
Our philosophy is very much centered on youth development through sport and teaching rugby in a positive and encouraging environment. We welcome players of any ability level and virtually all participants come into the program with zero rugby experience.
On the field, the Crusaders have enjoyed tremendous success with three State Championships and numerous players earning All-State honors!
Player, parent expectations: Our goal is to introduce rugby to as many kids as we can and as such are happy to be flexible in accommodating your schedules. If you have limited availability, that’s okay, we’ll figure something out. Participation in our programs are not an all-or-nothing exercise! Ask about a free trial session too.
“…we’ve tried everything – soccer, baseball, basketball, lacrosse, hockey, fencing – and he hasn’t really loved any of them. A few of them he actually hated. But for some reason, he really likes rugby. He likes you guys, he likes his team mates, and he likes the sport. He has never complained about going to practice, and actually asked us when the next season of rugby starts.”
We are very flexible to work with you around other commitments in order to introduce rugby to as many new players as possible.
We’d love to have you play for us! Please get in touch with questions.